CIW Network Technology Associate – Exam (1D0-61C)
Gain certification that demonstrates your understanding of the fundamentals of networking. The CIW Network Technology Associate exam is for those who have completed the course of the same name and want recognition for their valuable new skill set. This qualification is what many employers in technology-related business environments are looking for as proof of the ability to understand and use a range of basic networking technologies, including wireless networking and troubleshooting.
The CIW Internet Business Associate course and exam are aimed at:
- Students at high school or college – seeking a place in higher education or their first career position
- Professionals in a wide range of sectors which actively benefit from Internet technology, including:
- Information technology
- Graphic Design
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The CIW Network Technology Associate exam 1D0-61C lasts for 30 minutes and contains 30 questions. To pass the exam, candidates will need to achieve a score of 63.33%, demonstrating a range of knowledge and skills, including:
- Identifying: the role of networking hardware, configuring common hardware for operation; the relationship between IP addresses and domain names, including assignment of IP addresses within a subnet; the functions and components of servers commonly used on the Internet; common Internet security and availability issues including user-level and enterprise-level concerns; common performance issues affecting Internet clients, including analysis and diagnosis.
- Demonstrating: knowledge of basic data communications components, and technical knowledge of the Internet; and an understanding of virtualization.
- Performing basic hardware and system maintenance for network-aware systems.
- Managing fundamental elements of modern network-based client operating systems.
- Configuring and troubleshooting wireless networks.
- Explaining concepts involving personal privacy protection on the Internet.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Candidates who have completed the CIW Network Technology associate course are eligible to take this exam, which, if the pass score of 63.33% is achieved, will give them CIW Network Technology Associate certification.
- Certification is evidence of the ability to understand and put into practice the fundamentals of networking.
- It is ideal for students aiming for a place in higher education or their first position within a technology-based career, or professional looking to widen their skills base and increase their value at work.
- CIW certifications don’t expire; once you are CIW certified, you retain your status forever, regardless of if and when we update the exam.
- An official CIW Certification Practice Exam is available, which enables candidates to instantly evaluate their level of knowledge and readiness to become certified.
- New lesson quizzes are also available on CIW Online, and can be found on each of the lesson pages in the Online Resources.
- Exam scores may be challenged if candidates feel there is a legitimate reason for doing so, such as a question mark over the validity of item content.