CIW Internet Business Associate – Exam (1D0-61A)
Gain certification and permanent evidence of your ability to use web technology within the business environment. This exam is for those who have completed the CIW Internet Business Associate course, confirming their aptitude in this subject and ambition to become qualified.
The CIW Internet Business Associate course and exam are aimed at:
- Students at high school or college – seeking a place in higher education or their first career position
- Professionals in a wide range of sectors which actively benefit from Internet technology, including:
- Information technology
- Graphic Design
Once certified, people can show current or potential new employers evidence of a wide and relevant skill set – and pursue their chosen career in this field.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The CIW Internet Business Associate exam 1D0-61A lasts for 30 minutes and contains 30 questions. To pass the exam, candidates will need to achieve a score of 66.66%, demonstrating a range of knowledge and skills, including:
- Identifying: job roles in the information technology industry; the infrastructure required to access the internet; the basic principles of the Domain Name System (DNS); the function of web browsers – and using them; features in web browsers, such as preferences, caching and cookies – and configuring them; security issues related to Internet clients; principles of Personal Information Management (PIM) – and using them; ethical and legal issues faced by IT professionals.
- Defining: important Internet communications protocols and their roles in delivering basic Internet services; additional networking and Internet services – and using them; essential social networking and web 2.0 concepts.
- Demonstrating ways to communicate effectively using Internet technology..
- Transmitting text and binary files efficiently, using popular Internet services.
- Relating project management concepts and terms to the IT profession.
- Recognising essential database concepts.
- Conducting a webcast and related services.
- Distinguishing between proprietary and open-source development models.
- Managing career opportunities in the IT industry.
- Representing technical issues to a non-technical audience.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- The Internet Business Associate course and exam represent a key development in web technologies.
- Learners who complete the course and pass the exam can demonstrate their considerable knowledge and skill in using web technology in the business environment.
- This boosts their value and appeal to current or potential employers.
- CIW certifications don’t expire; once you are CIW certified, you retain your status forever, regardless of if and when we update the exam.
- An official CIW Certification Practice Exam is available, which enables candidates to instantly evaluate their level of knowledge and readiness to become certified.
- New lesson quizzes are also available on CIW Online, and can be found on each of the lesson pages in the Online Resources.
- Exam scores may be challenged if candidates feel there is a legitimate reason for doing so, such as a question mark over the validity of item content.