Six Sigma Black Belt Training Online
Master process improvement framework Six Sigma with the Six Sigma Black Belt training course. Candidates completing the course will improve their knowledge of process improvement and be prepared to assume control of the Six Sigma project team. Intended specifically for business and manufacturing process improvement project leaders who are looking to improve and apply their knowledge of Six Sigma processes, this course is best suited to:
- Project managers who need a qualification that demonstrates competence, understanding and application of the Six Sigma methodology, and team management.
- Project team members who need to cross-train or upskill into expert-level process improvement using Six Sigma techniques.
- Process improvement consultants and third party project managers who need to be able to demonstrate a high level of expertise to clients with an industry-recognised qualification.
- Professionals looking to re-skill or change career for a role managing a process improvement project.
Process improvement project managers who require more successful ways of raising standards and improving operational efficiency using data and analytical techniques are ideal candidates for the Six Sigma Black Belt Training course.
Over 1000 active course pages are delivered online, accompanied by instructor notes and slide explanations to ensure the correct interpretation and explanation of Six Sigma topics and statistical techniques. The course includes implementation road maps that help students apply their studies to real world situations.
Participants can also use the built-in social networking tools to learn from other course delegates, whilst end of section tests help them assess whether they are fully ready to sit the Six Sigma exam and earn their Black Belt designation.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Fully accredited by the IASSC, the Six Sigma Black Belt course teaches students everything they need head up a successful project team and manage every stage of the project.
In addition to receiving a copy of the Six Sigma Black Belt Couse Manual, delegates are taken through the basic level (Yellow Belt) and Intermediate level (Green Belt) levels to ensure they have a complete understanding of Lean Six Sigma methodologies by the time they begin work at the expert (Black Belt) level:
- The Define phase during which projects are defined, elements of waste are identified and wrap up and action items are defined, and the management decisions required to move the project forward.
- The Measure phase which is used to discover existing processes and apply analytical techniques to define an operational baseline and calculate the potential capability of each. Students will also be shown how to collate this information from multiple sources to make informed project decisions.
- The Analyse phase which uses statistical analysis and hypothesis testing to model how processes may be improved and the potential value of each improvement. Delegates will also learn advanced techniques like X Sifting and testing normal and non-normal data, before defining up and action items.
- The Improve phase which takes modelling and experimentation to the next level, helping students identify the changes that will deliver the greatest business benefits. The Black Belt level course goes also introduces students to advanced concepts including full factorial and fractional factorial experiments for in-depth process modelling.
- The Control phase monitors changes made and records any deviations from the predicted benefits, allowing for immediate remedial action. Black Belt delegates will cover Lean, Defect, Statistical Process and Six Sigma controls to better manage the process.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Upon completion of the Six Sigma Black Belt course, project managers will be able to administer every stage of a project that is being administered using the Six Sigma methodology. Other benefits include:
- An in-depth knowledge of applying the Six Sigma DMAIC principles to any process or situation.
- Building process models to test hypotheses and improvements to make and apply strategic recommendations that will improve the operating environment.
- A suitable level of knowledge and experience to head up a process improvement project and manage teams working on a Six Sigma project.
- A wider range of employment prospects in other organisations using the Six Sigma framework.
The Six Sigma Black Belt course and exam are essential for candidates who will be managing projects and teams using the Six Sigma process. By taking students through the Green and Yellow Belts candidates will have a complete understanding of the framework and be able to properly manage projects at every level.
Units of Study
- Understanding Six Sigma
- Six Sigma Fundamentals
- Selecting Projects
- Elements of Waste
- Wrap Up and Action Items
- Welcome to Measure
- Process Discovery
- Six Sigma Statistics
- Measurement System Analysis
- Process Capability
- Wrap Up and Action Items
- Welcome to Improve
- Process Modeling Regression
- Advanced Process Modeling
- Designing Experiments
- Experimental Methods
- Full Factorial Experiments
- Fractional Factorial Experiments
- Wrap Up and Action Items
- Welcome to Control
- Advanced Experiments
- Capability Analysis
- Lean Controls
- Defect Controls
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Six Sigma Control Plans
- Wrap Up and Action Items
Lean Six Sigma is :A modern managerial concept combining Lean and Six Sigma that results in the elimination of the seven kinds of wastes: Transportation, Inventory, Motion, Waiting, Overproduction, Over-Processing, and Defects.
Lean is :A methodology designed to improve a business by preserving Quality and Value but with less work.
Six Sigma is :A system that is designed to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes. It uses a set of quality management methods, including statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization. Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of steps.
For ANY Business :Many of the biggest companies in the world use Six Sigma, but so do many of the smallest. Six Sigma is a compelling, business improving, model that defines where a business is needlessly wasting. Every second of every day, business everywhere are duplicating paperwork, making product errors, throwing away stock, using illogical transport routes, staff not being fully utilised, unhappy customers, to name just a few. A Six Sigma trained person, can see a business from a different perspective and ultimately, greatly improve that businesses efficiency by cutting out wastage and mistakes.
For ANY Person :Six Sigma will open your mind to a new perspective that can be used in everyday life. For example, consider shopping. Many of us just “pop” to the shops every day or so, but are you wasting valuable time and money? If you implement Six Sigma Logic you will then calculate, best time to shop to avoid queues (saving wasted time), best places to shop for which items (cost reduction), best route to take to get to all required shops most efficiently vs. best route to take to avoid traffic (fuel saving) and item storage (to avoid throwing away perishable goods). With Six Sigma knowledge you could find shopping costing you less and giving you more time for more pleasurable activities. Six Sigma methodologies can be used to stop wasting electricity/gas/water etc. through to working out the viability of buying a new home.
Six Sigma professionals exist at every level – each with a different role to play. While implementations and roles may vary, here is a basic guide to who does what.
At the project level, there are black belts, master black belts, green belts, yellow belts and white belts. These people conduct projects and implement improvements.
White Belt :Can work on local problem-solving teams that support overall projects, but may not be part of a Six Sigma project team. Understands basic Six Sigma concepts from an awareness perspective.
Yellow Belt :In this role you will be normally part of a Six Sigma Team working to improve a business. This is the introductory level for Six Sigma, so, no prior knowledge is required. Participates as a project team member. Reviews process improvements that support the project.
You will Learn :Terminology and understand the basics of Six Sigma. You will learn to improve a business, demonstrate how Six Sigma can help various businesses, understand and identify common implementation issues and show how DMAIC can redefine a business structure.
Green Belt :In this role you will be normally part of a Six Sigma Management Team working to improve a business. This is both introductory (Yellow Belt) and Intermediate (Green Belt) levels for Six Sigma, so, no prior knowledge is required. Assists with data collection and analysis for Black Belt projects. Leads Green Belt projects or teams.
You will Learn :Terminology and understand Six Sigma to a Management level. Demonstrate how Six Sigma can help various businesses, understand and identify common implementation issues, understanding customer importance in all industries, analyse data correctly to make informed decisions, and show how DMAIC can redefine a business structure.
Black Belt :In this role you will be normally a Project Leader/Consultant or Sigma Six Trainer. This Course covers Basic (Yellow Belt), Intermediate (Green Belt) and Advanced (Black Belt) levels for Six Sigma, no prior knowledge is required. Leads problem-solving projects. Trains and coaches project teams.
You will Learn :To improve a business, demonstrate how Six Sigma can help various businesses, understand and identify common implementation issues, understand customer importance in all industries, analyse data correctly to make informed decisions, be able to train others in Six Sigma, effect permanent problem resolutions, full understanding of Six Sigma principles, tools and techniques and show how DMAIC can redefine a business structure.
Master Black Belt :Trains and coaches Black Belts and Green Belts. Functions more at the Six Sigma program level by developing key metrics and the strategic direction. Acts as an organization’s Six Sigma technologist and internal consultant.
Every project needs organizational support. Six Sigma executives and champions set the direction for selecting and deploying projects. They ensure, at a high level, that projects succeed, add value and fit within the organizational plan.
Champions :Translate the company’s vision, mission, goals and metrics to create an organizational deployment plan and identify individual projects. Identify resources and remove roadblocks.
Executives :Provide overall alignment by establishing the strategic focus of the Six Sigma program within the context of the organization’s culture and vision.
The complete Lean Six Sigma DMAIC course prepares participants to perform the role of a LSS Black Belt. The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Materials are a comprehensive curriculum covering everything within the Lean Six Sigma D-M-A-I-C body of knowledge required to successfully prepare students to achieve Black Belt certifications and performance standards.
The e-Careers materials are much more than simple tools training, this curriculum is formatted in such a way that the problem-solving strategy is demonstrated throughout the course.