Scriptwriting, – TV, Film, Stage and Radio Diploma
Do you want to see your words translated into a film, play or radio show?
Then you have arrived at the right place to obtain the fundamentals that will help to get you started with your Scriptwriting career.
With our essential Scriptwriting course, you will get insights into writing the perfect spec script, crafting scenes, and creating that perfect plot. You will learn the guidelines of storytelling, dialogue, character development, and discover what factors make up a good script.
What does a Scriptwriter do?
As a scriptwriter, you will be creative and ambitious, research and develop story ideas, create characters; craft dialogues and writing an engaging plot.
KEY LEARNING POINTSEvery part of this course will touch on the needs and realities of today's television, film, stage, and radio industries, providing you with practical knowledge as well as insight.
- Understand how to scope the content of a script
- Identify the different styles and mediums for the playwright
- Discover how to develop the characters
- Identify the steps of scriptwriting
- Learn the different ways to write for radio
- Explore the different ways to write for educational programmes
- Explain how to characterise the characters for radio
- Understand the importance of establishing a character quickly
- Learn how to create a character
- Outline the structure of a drama
- Understand the formats within the television industry
- Identify the time allocation required to play out scenes in a script
- Outline the different types of genre on TV
- Recognise the ideal conditions for writing a screenplay
- Examine the structure and length of scenes
- Discover how to build scenes
- Understand how and why you should engage an agent
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- You will develop priceless skills.
- As a scriptwriter, you can work as a freelancer, which means you won’t be governed, by conventional working hours.
- You will have the opportunity to travel.
- By the end of this programme you'll be writing unforgettable screenplays.
Units of Study
- TV, Film, Stage, Radio
- How to start
- Actual writing
- Writing for radio
- Writing for television
- The feature film
Curriculum is empty