DJ Equipment Basics
Learn the basics needed to get started as a DJ, whether you’re thinking of making a career change or simply looking for a new hobby. The techniques, equipment and role of the DJ has evolved in the past twenty-five years from simply playing music to a level where they are considered integral to today’s music and nightclub scene.
Choosing the correct equipment is a must, and with so many options out there it can be a daunting task, especially if you’re a beginner. Join Kazell, a well-respected LA based DJ, as he demonstrates the different equipment you can use to set up your own custom rig. He also walks you through the advantages and disadvantages of gear and basic equipment configurations.
Whether you’re setting up a home DJ studio or working at parties, weddings or clubs, Kazell has all the information you need to do it right first time without wasting money. By the end of the course you will have learnt basic to advanced skills, how to create your own music, how to set up a studio and master DJ skills, DJ equipment basics; mixing, dubbing and editing; understanding copyright laws and much more.
The course is delivered online using video-based training, allowing you to complete it at your leisure over a 12-month period. Unlike a live class you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind your lectures, enabling you to fully understand each topic before moving on. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands on training with the flexibility of fitting it in around your busy schedule.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Explore every facet of DJing using step-by-step videos presented by an industry expert. Focus areas of this course include:
- Introduction- Explore a little of the history of DJing and examine the equipment you will need to get started.
- Vinyl turntable set up- Kazell will introduce the classic vinyl turntable set up and explain how to crossfade and mix tracks.
- CD system set up- Look at the more modern set up of using CD players to mix tracks.
- Laptop system set up- Kazell will bring you bang up to date by explaining how to DJ using a laptop set up. Learn to beatmatch manually, just as you would with vinyl or CDs.
- DJ Components-
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Learn the fundamentals of DJing and approaches to set up, all under the tutelage of industry expert Kazell. The course is designed with the beginner in mind, so you can start from scratch, but more advanced learners will also benefit hugely. Other benefits include:
- A thorough understanding of the equipment necessary to become a DJ
- Practical tutoring from an industry expert
- Learn a skill that could become a new career path
- Impress family and friends at parties and other events
- Spin your own tunes
Whether you’re looking for a change of career, or simply a new hobby, this course is designed for you. Sign up today and get started!
Units of Study
- Vinyl Turntable Set-Up
- CD System Set-Up
- Laptop System Set-Up
- DJ Components