MCSE SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence (Live Labs Included)
Enabling Business Intelligence and Reporting Engineers to go beyond the basic mechanics of SQL Server 2012, students will learn how to design, build and deploy Business Intelligence applications in an enterprise-class environment. Upon completion of this intensive, hands-on course, participants will have the knowledge and skills required to sit and pass the exams required to earn the MCSE Business Intelligence qualification and to design world-class BI applications.
Business Intelligence analysts and reporting engineers will gain a complete understanding of using SQL Server 2012 as the foundation for building BI and reporting solutions, backed by a solid appreciation of the technology platform that runs behind the scenes.
Reporting engineers and analysts will be particularly interested in learning to query data directly using T-SQL and extending these techniques to build complete Business Intelligence solutions. They will gain a complete understanding of the database system and how to extract the information they need in the most efficient way.
But more than simply providing access to online materials however, the MCSE SQL Server Business Intelligence course grants access to the Practice-Labs. The Practice-Labs allow delegates to design and test their own Business Intelligence applications and reports using dedicated live equipment. They can also increase their knowledge by recreating the scenarios covered in the course, ensuring they fully understand the concepts being taught.
By completing this course students will not only fully understand the concepts behind Microsoft SQL Server 2012, but also develop the skills needed to build BI applications that deliver the information and insights demanded in a real world environment.
LEARN MORE ABOUT PRACTICE LABS
View more about Practice Labs
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Completing the five modules included in this course will help BI analysts and report engineers develop all the skills and knowledge required to pass the MCSE Business Intelligence exams and prepare them for a successful career in data modelling and reporting.
Continuing towards BI mastery, the fourth module covers building and implementing advanced multi-dimensional data models:
- How to work with large datasets across multiple platforms as is common in most modern BI applications and reports.
- Building Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cubes and supporting structures such as pivot tables, PowerPivot solutions and Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) to deliver information quickly and efficiently to analysts.
- Choosing between the Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) and Business Intelligence Semantic models according to specific business data and reporting needs.
- Developing complex SQL queries to mine multiple datasets and building reports using Crescent
The final module will help Business Information architects apply and extend the content of the previous lessons to build BI solutions that extract additional value from corporate data and provide a platform for future expansion by:
- Designing BI solutions that meet current and future performance and scalability needs.
- Using Excel Services and Sharepoint Reporting integration to allow for improved data analysis and integration with other line of business applications.
- Designing, deploying and managing SSIS packages to extend BI application functionality and expose more data for reporting and modelling.
Business Intelligence analysts will also study the SQL Server 2012 fundamentals needed to design and build data warehousing and reporting solutions that meet the changing information needs of a growing enterprise. From querying and manipulating data using T-SQL, to deploying and managing SQL Server in a clustered, data warehouse scenario, students will have a full understanding of how the platform works too.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Web-accessible course materials allow BI engineers to follow the course at their own pace, in their own time. The MCSE SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence course is essential for data engineers and BI analysts, delivering:
- A solid understanding of how to query SQL Server 2012 datasets and extract BI data.
- Build queries and views for advanced reporting and data export.
- All the training and resources needed to prepare for the MCSA SQL Server 2012 and MCSE Business Intelligence exams.
- The opportunity to develop real-world skills to back up database and Business Intelligence application design theory.
- Full understanding of the install, configuration and maintenance procedures required to deliver optimum performance and reliability for BI applications.
- In-depth understanding of BI principles and how to engineer suitable systems using Microsoft technologies.
- Master the techniques required to query and manipulate data using T-SQL.
- Construct, deploy and manage an advanced SQL Server 2012 data warehouse with BI-focused applications and services.
The MCSE SQL Server 2012 and Business Intelligence course is essential for IT professionals who want to improve their database and BI design and reporting skills, or to gain the knowledge and experience required to pass their MCSA and MCSE exams.
Students can expect to boost their job prospects and employability as they acquire new expert-level skills and experience in both SQL Server 2012 and its use for Business Intelligence applications and reporting.
Live Labs help to improve your understanding of specific exam objectives and provide direction on how to carry out actions in real world scenarios.
Units of Study
- Getting Started with SQL Server
- Working with T-SQL
- Writing SELECT Queries
- Working with SQL Data Types
- Sorting and Filtering Data
- Querying Data from Multiple Tables
- Modifying Data
- Working with SQL Server Built-in Functions
- Programming in T-SQL
- Implementing Stored Procedures
- Working with Subqueries and Table Expressions
- Working with Set Operators, Conditional Operators, and Window Functions
- Working with PIVOT, UNPIVOT, and Grouping Sets
- Managing Error Handling and Transactions
- Querying SQL Server System
- Optimizing Query Performance
- Identifying the SQL Server Platform
- Deploying SQL Server
- Configuring SQL Server
- Managing Databases in SQL Server
- Managing SQL Server Security
- Implementing Advanced Security Settings
- Applying Encryption and Compression
- Working with Indexes and Log Files
- Working with Backup and Restore
- Implementing High Availability
- Optimizing Server Performance
- Troubleshooting Issues and Recovering Databases
- Performing Advanced Database Management Tasks
- Introduction to Data Warehouse
- Creating Dimensions and Changing Granularity of Dimensions
- Creating Fact Tables and ColumnStore Indexes
- Implementing Data Warehouse in SQL Server
- Working with Integration Services
- Managing Control Flow
- Working with Dynamic Variables
- Implementing Data Flow
- Managing Data Flow
- Managing SSIS Package Execution
- Debugging and Troubleshooting
- Deploying Packages
- Securing Packages and Databases
- Working with MDS and Windows
- Introduction To Business Intelligence and Data Modeling Part1
- Introduction To Business Intelligence and Data Modeling Part2
- The Microsoft Business intelligence Platform Part1
- The Microsoft Business intelligence Platform Part2
- The Microsoft Business intelligence Platform Part3
- The Microsoft Business intelligence Platform Part4
- Implementing Reports the SQL Server Reporting Services Part1
- Implementing Reports the SQL Server Reporting Services Part3
- Implementing Reports the SQL Server Reporting Services Part2
- Implementing Reports the SQL Server Reporting Services Part4
- Implementing Reports the SQL Server Reporting Services Part5
- Implementing Reports the SQL Server Reporting Services Part6
- Implementing Reports the SQL Server Reporting Services Part7
- Implementing Reports the SQL Server Reporting Services Part8
- Supporting Self Service Reporting Part1
- Supporting Self Service Reporting Part2
- Managing Report Execution And Delivery
- Managing Report Execution
- Subscriptions And Data Alerts
- Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Creating Data Sources And Data Source Views
- Creating And Browsing a Cube
- Working with Cubes And Dimensions
- Sorting And Grouping Attributes
- Working With Measures And Measure Groups
- Introduction to MDX
- Adding Calculations To A Cube
- Customizing Cube Functionality Part1
- Customizing Cube Functionality Part2
- Customizing Cube Functionality Part3
- Implementing A Tabular Data Model Part1
- Implementing A Tabular Data Model Part2
- Introduction to DAX
- Demonstration Making A Tabular Model Part1
- Demonstration Making A Tabular Model Part2
- Using DAX
- Implementing An Analysis Services Tabular Data Model Part1
- Implementing An Analysis Services Tabular Data Model Part2
- Deploying A Tabular Data Model
- SQL Analysis Services Part1
- SQL Analysis Services Part2
- Creating Data Visualizations With Power View
Supporting Self Service Reporting
- Performing Predictive Analysis With Data Mining
- Using the Data Mining Wizard
- Predictive Analytics Part1
- Predictive Analytics Part2
- The Business Intelligence Solution
- Overview Of Business Intelligence
- BI And Power Pivot Demo
- ETL Intro
- Designing Data Warehouses
- Design For Speed
- BI Semantic Model
- Basic Database Objects Demo
- Stored Procedures And Triggers Demo
- Database Clusters Demo
- SQL Server Management
- Table Triggers
- DB Config Options
- DB Backup
- DB Files And Restore
- Using SQL Server Data Tools Demo
- Building An IS Integration Services Package Demo
- Loading Data From Remote Sources Demo
- Processing Data From Web Service Demo
- Report Building Intro Setup Demo
- Using Report Builder Demo
- Reporting From Multiple Tables Demo
- Report Function And Matrix Demo
- Interactive Reports Demo
- Sorting Report Data Demo
- Drill Through Reports
- Data Visualization
- Creating Store Procedure From Scratch
- Memory Optimize Table
- Building Our First Integration Project
- Data Transformation
- Introduction To Big Data
- Transformation Using Store Procedure
- Transformation Using SSIS
- Building Fact Table Using Store Procedure
- Building Fact Table Using SSIS
- Backup Enhancements
- Index Enhancements
- Online DB Enhancements
- Back Up To The Cloud
- Partition Data
- BI Review
- Share Point Overview
- Share Point Demo
- Exam Prep
- Before You Take The Exam