Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures Version 8
Defend your corporate network against cyber-criminals by learning the tools and techniques they use to bypass security. Students undertaking the Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures course will learn about the ethics involved with ‘white hat’ hacking, along with the tools and techniques used by cyber-criminals to breach network security. This knowledge can then be used to harden defences and reduce the risk of compromise, saving time and money that would otherwise be spent on recovering form a security breach. The advanced security techniques covered in the Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures course are best suited to:
- Network engineers and IT security professionals who need to understand hacking techniques so that they can better protect resources.
- Network security consultants who want to offer ethical hacking services to clients.
- Network security professionals tasked with testing defences and identifying potential vulnerabilities.
- IT professionals who would like to cross-train for a career in IT and network security.
- Individuals who would like to learn the skills and techniques required to make a career change into IT security.
Key Learning PointsOver the course of 19 modules students are introduced to the techniques and tools used by hackers to gain access to protected system resources. Participants will then learn how to identify and block hacking attempts, so that corporate data remains safe from theft. The 19 modules cover issues like:
- Understanding the ethics involved in white hat hacking.
- How cybercriminals test network protection measures and how these reconnaissance activities can be spotted and blocked early.
- How to scan networks to identify potential vulnerabilities.
- Using enumeration to catalogue system resources and potential routes to breach.
- Automated tools for breaching security including Trojans, backdoors, viruses, worms and Denial of Service (DOS) attacks.
- The role of social engineering to steal confidential information directly from employees.
- Using sniffers and session hijacking to mask illegal access to system resources.
- Web-based attacks that can take online systems down.
- How wireless network security can be breached.
- How hackers avoid protective measures like IDS, firewalls and honeypots.
- Applying network forensic techniques to identify and catch hackers.
- Using cryptography and steganography to protect data.
- How to use the Metasploit toolkit to assess network protection measures and apply fixes where appropriate.
Advantages of this courseStudents are taken through the necessary concepts and techniques to ensure they have a complete understanding of modern hacking techniques and how best to protect against them. Among the benefits of taking the Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures course are:
- Hands-on skills to identify potential security issues and correct them before cybercriminals can exploit them.
- Educating users to play their part in network security, raising standards in the process.
- Protecting against Trojans, viruses, worms and DDoS attacks that could cause costly downtime.
- Improved knowledge and experience leading to greater efficiencies in their security roles.
- New opportunities for promotion within the IT security team.
- Improved employment and earning opportunities within the ethical hacking and IT security sector.
Units of Study
- Intro to course
- Footprinting & Reconnaissance
- Scanning Networks
- System Hacking
- Trojans & Backdoors
- Viruses & Worms
- Denial of Service
- Social Engineering
- Session Hijacking
- Hacking Webservers
- Hacking Web Applications
- SQL Injection
- Hacking Wireless Networks
- Evading IDS, Firewalls & Honeypots
- Buffer Overflows
- Penetration Testing
Curriculum is empty