CompTIA IT Fundamentals Course
CompTIA IT Fundamentals is the only basic level exam in the CompTIA series and this course provides all the information you need to fully prepare for a first time exam pass. CompTIA IT Fundamentals is the ideal skills foundation for those considering a career in IT and related positions. It’s also the ideal starting point for individuals wishing to take further CompTIA courses and exams of a Professional, Master and Speciality level.
What Is CompTIA?
CompTIA stands for the Computing Technology Industry Association – a well respected trade association issuing professional certifications for the IT industry. It’s an IT qualification that’s well recognised by employers and will prove a valuable addition to any CV.
What Will I Learn?
This course covers a range of IT topics, from networking and cyber security essentials to hardware and software basics. Completion will lead to a solid understanding of the technology concepts and practices used by organisations, and the course is carefully mapped to the relevant CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through seven in-depth lessons to build a solid foundation of understanding in CompTIA.
- Learn to identify computer hardware including types of devices, internal components, connectors and peripheral devices.
- Learn to identify computer software and compare the functions and features of common operating systems.
- Get to grips with setting up a basic workstation.
- Look at configuring network access.
- Learn how to create, navigate and manage files – including how to compress and extract.
- Understand how to create screen captures.
- Study the configuration and use of wireless devices.
- Understand the security of computing devices including identifying threats, best practice and secure web browsing.
- Look at environmental and safety concepts surrounding computer use.
- Learn to back up and restore data, manage software and implement basic support measures.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Begin your CompTIA accreditation journey.
- Gain IT skills and progress on to the higher level courses and exams if you wish.
- Prove your knowledge and gain an advantage when applying for entry level positions.
- Use your IT skills in a number of scenarios, both professionally and personally.
- No prerequisites for this course apart from basic Windows end-user skills.
- Visual cues throughout the material to aid learning.
- Choose to take the exam (not included) when ready.
- Study online at a time and place that’s convenient for you.
- Fit around your other work, study and home commitments.
- Technical support available if required.
- Practice activities to consolidate learning.
- Start studying straight away.
Units of Study
- Introduction to course
- Identifying Computer Hardware
- Identifying Computer Software
- Setting Up a Basic Workstation
- Configuring Network Access
- Working with Files, Folders, and Applications
- Configuring and Using Wireless Devices
- Securing Computing Devices
- Supporting Computers and Users
- Mapping Course Content
- Lesson Labs and Solutions
- Glossary and Index