CISCO CCNP Routing & Switching Courseware (With Live Labs)
Evolve networking skills by taking the first step towards Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification with this course. Students will master the three key aspects of network management, giving them the skills they need to properly implement and maintain a corporate infrastructure.
These short course modules will help network engineers consolidate their existing knowledge and experience, whilst helping them prepare for certification if they so choose. Once training has been completed, students will have an in-depth understanding of IP routing, IP switching and troubleshooting IP networks. These fundamental skills can then be applied to any network to improve performance, resilience and to assist with future expansion plans.
Hands-on lab exercises using the e-Career’s Practice-Lab system allow students to work on Cisco switches and routers to learn about the basic mitigation of security threats, and an introduction to wireless networking concepts. In addition, students will gain the necessary knowledge and skills required master IP, OSPF, ACLs (Ethernet and Access Control Lists), VLANs, Frame Relay, Serial Line Interface Protocol and EIGRP (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol. All this without the expense of building a test network for exam practice.
LEARN MORE ABOUT PRACTICE LABS
View more about Practice Labs
KEY LEARNING POINTS
By completing the three short modules in the CCNP bundle, participants will master all the networking basics they need to manage a small or medium network.
Initially students will learn about Cisco IP routing, covering:
- How to plan routing services for a corporate network.
- Implementing an EIGRP-based solution to provide improved network convergence, IPv6 transition support and more efficient internal routing.
- When and how to deploy IPv4 redistribution and path control.
- How to connect an enterprise network to an ISP network for remote access of internal resources.
With IP routing mastered, focus then shifts to Cisco IP switching, with students learning about:
- Implementing VLANs to segment network traffic and improve bandwidth management.
- The proper use of Layer 2 and Layer 3 security extensions to protect corporate systems.
- Configuring hardware to support advanced networking services like VoIP and video on a corporate network.
- Proper design of a high availability network infrastructure using a set of requirements.
The third module then teaches network administrators how to troubleshoot and maintain their Cisco infrastructure:
- Maintaining and monitoring performance using IOS tools.
- Troubleshooting complex, multi-protocol networks.
- Correcting issues identified as part of the troubleshooting process.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
The Cisco CCNP bundle is essential for network administrators who want to consolidate their knowledge, or who are working towards the CCNP qualification. Students will benefit from:
- Access to all the training and resources needed to prepare for the CCNP exams.
- Learning the skills and knowledge required to properly build and manage a Cisco-based network.
- Fully understand the principles of network switching and routing, and the correct implementation of both.
- Knowing how to troubleshoot and resolve networking issues as and when they are identified.
The Cisco CCNP is a cost-effective way for networking professionals to further their careers and prepare for the highly-prized CCNP exams and qualification.
Live Labs help to improve your understanding of specific exam objectives and provide direction on how to carry out actions in real world scenarios.
Units of Study
- Plan And Design
- Switch Configuration
- IP Configuration
- STP And RTP
- HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
- Course Review
- Introduction to Cisco Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Switches
- Troubleshooting VLANS and Trunking
- Troubleshooting Spanning Tree Protocol, EtherChannel
- Troubleshooting InterVLAN Routing and Layer 3 EtherChannel
- Troubleshooting Switch Security Features
- Troubleshooting FirstHop Redundancy Protocols
- Troubleshooting IPv4 and IPv4 Addressing
- IPv6 Addressing and Addressing Technologies
- Troubleshooting IPv4 and IPv6 ACLs and Prefix Lists
- Troubleshooting GRE and Basic Routing Tunnels
- Troubleshooting RIPv2 and RIPng
- Troubleshooting EIGRP
- OSPF and OSPFv3
- Troubleshooting Route Maps and Policy Based Routing
- Troubleshooting Redistribution
- Troubleshooting BGP
- Troubleshooting Management Protocols and Tools
- Troubleshooting Management Access
- Plan And Design
- EIGRP Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Procol
- Border Gateway Protocol BGP
- Course Review