Create Your Own VR Headset Game
Virtual reality is the next step in video games. The incredible thing about VR is that the environment created can be similar to the real world, or it can be fantastical. The only thing holding you back from bringing something exceptional to life is not being able to unlock your creativity. The gaming environment allows you to be within a 3D environment and interact with it for a truly immersive experience.
This course package will teach you to develop your own 2D, 3D and VR games using the Unreal Engine and Unity game development platform. You will learn how to master multi-platform game development techniques using these industry recognised tools, learning to script from scratch and build exciting and revolutionary games.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- The basics of writing and compiling Unity scripts.
- Modelling, rigging and animating assets for import into the development game and eventual use in the finished game.
- The fundamentals of Unity 3D scripting principles including functions, variables, conditionals and inputs – all required to control onscreen behaviours.
- Using light mapping techniques to improve 3D appearance and realism during game play.
- Implementing the Shuriken Particle System to create fire, smoke and muzzle flash effects within games.
- Understanding and adjusting game dynamics, such as movement animation to improve the gaming experience and to make character actions more realistic.
- The Unity 3D engine and how to use mipmaps, rendering paths and topology to build realistic gaming scenarios.
- How to build mobile-ready games for smartphones and tablets using Unity 3D to maximise performance and experience using the various techniques and tools available.
- How to build 2D animations for cartoon-style games.
- Pulling all of the advanced techniques together to create an action-packed 3D game ready for deployment to PCs, games consoles and mobile devices.
- How to make games using the Unreal Engine
- How to build mini 3D Virtual Reality games in Unity from scratch
- How to make 2D and 3D games in Unity
- How to build games using Construct 2
- How to build games using GameMaker
- How to build and model a 3D Super MARLO runner clone in Unity
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Create projects alongside your instructor, so you can learn by doing
- Learn to build games using some of the most popular development platforms
- Self-paced training means you can study whenever you like with 24/7 access
- 12 months’ access to the course content
- 24/7 online access, so you can study anytime, anywhere
- Cross platform games development skills using Unity 3D, allowing them to build apps for Apple, Android, PCs and games consoles, allowing them to work with virtually any manufacturer or software developer.
Curriculum is empty