Learn how to harness the power of social media to manage your professional identity and give your career a boost. Social media is the new word of mouth and knowing how to leverage these platforms, and LinkedIn in particular, is crucial to success. Once the course is completed, you will know how to use LinkedIn as an aid to successful business networking and to demonstrate your skills. As well as being incredibly useful to individuals, LinkedIn is important for businesses and organisations to connect with each other, so knowing how to use it well will make you attractive to potential employers. Whether you are a beginner in your profession or a seasoned professional, this course will take your skill set to the next level. In today’s competitive job market, it has never been more important to have credentials that will give you career advancement and prove to the market that you have mastered this important tool. We use only the world’s finest instructors who have a minimum of 15 years real world experience and are experts in their fields. Unlike a live class you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind your lectures, enabling you to fully understand each topic before moving on. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands on training with the flexibility of fitting it in around your busy schedule.
Key Learning PointsThis course takes a comprehensive look at LinkedIn and how it can be used effectively for many things, including career advancement and sales and marketing. Focus areas include:
- Introduction and overview. Find out how LinkedIn works and exactly how it can benefit you, your business or your organisation. Explore the interface and settings and learn how to begin building your profile.
- OpenLink Setting and LinkedIn Groups. Learn how to maximise your audience reach and networking ability by choosing premium settings such as OpenLink, which allows members to find and get in touch with other professionals who are interested in meeting new people. Discover which groups you should join to further your network. Joining relevant groups can fast track your reputation and introduce you to useful contacts.
- Adding and removing applications. LinkedIn provides a directory of applications to help you make the fullest use of your profile. They cover a variety of subjects, some of which apply to your professional life and some of which will help prospective employers get an idea of the type of person you are outside of work. This module will show you what apps are available and how you can manage them.
- Updating your profile. Completing your profile with as much detail as possible will give you the best chance of impressing prospective employers and making the best connections. Learn how to update every aspect of your profile from adding current and previous jobs and experience, schools, university, photos, interests and more.
- LinkedIn connections, groups and pages. Learn how to find and connect with individuals, groups and organisations, as well as which groups you should join and pages you should like in order to make full use of LinkedIn and further your career.
- Advertising on LinkedIn. Using LinkedIn for advertising offers a great opportunity for marketers to reach a wide audience, as well as enabling them to target a specific and relevant audience. Learn how to design ads, define specific campaigns and measure performance.
Advantages of this courseA thorough knowledge of LinkedIn and how to use it will help you to find potential employers and impress them with your skills and experience. Other benefits of this course include:
- A comprehensive knowledge of a powerful and important social media platform
- Advance your business
- Build your career prospects and impress potential employers
- Learn at your own pace and fully understand each module before moving on
Units of Study
- Introduction to LinkedIn
- Overview of the Interface & Settings
- Open Link Setting
- LinkedIn Groups
- Adding and Removing Applications
- Basic Account Settings
- Updating Your Public Profile
- LinkedIn Connections, Groups and Pages
- LinkedIn Channels & Today
- Advertising on LinkedIn
Curriculum is empty