CIMA Professional – Management Level (F2) Financial Management
Advance your knowledge further since you sat the F1 Financial Operations examination and broaden the spectrum of your know-how with the final management level course in the CIMA Professional Chartered Management Accounting qualification family. Once this course is complete, it’s on to the final tier of examinations which will lead you to being awarded with this highly-accredited certificate that will look fantastic on any accountancy CV.
An Easy-to-Navigate Syllabus
The syllabus for the course is split into four distinct categories, which all contribute their own percentage to the overall result. Students will look at more advanced topics than the F1 course, including how to prepare full consolidated financial statements, external reporting and accounting standards. Applicants can enjoy studying for the course online; there is no need to leave the comfort of your own home. Everything that you need to succeed is at your fingertips!
Convenient Study, at Your Own Pace
The syllabus includes the key areas of group financial statements (35%), issues in recognition and measurement (20%), analysis and interpretation (35%) and developments in external reporting (10%). Students can enjoy up-to-the minute information within the study guides and will be eligible for upgrades to the course, including changes in legislation and accounting standards, for a full 24 months following registration. This means that you will have plenty of time to progress through the course and move on to the next level without feeling unnecessary pressure. You’ll soon be adding it to your glowing accounting CV!
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The F2 Financial Management course is the final stage of the management level trio of courses. Once this is complete, you can progress to the third and final strategic level units, which will see your accomplishment of the CIMA Professional Chartered Management Accounting certificate. The CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting or equivalent is a pre-requisite for this higher level course.
- Learn how to prepare full consolidated financial statements for single companies and groups.
- Understand the principles of accounting for capital schemes and look at foreign exchange rates and the changes that can occur, including the difference between the closing rate and historical rate methods.
- Learn how the principles of accounting can be related to accounting issues of contemporary interest, including the problems endured by profit measurement, circumstances when hedge financing and amortised cost are appropriate, and issues concerning pension schemes.
- Learn how to produce a ratio analysis from financial statements and their supporting documents, which includes the interpretation of accounting ratios and the limitations of this type of analysis, such as the comparability of businesses and accounting policies.
- Learn how to analyse the financial statements, including how to evaluate performance and position, based on the information found in the statements.
- Get to grips with contemporary developments in financial and non-financial reporting, including the convergence of IFRS and US GAAP (as well as understanding the differences that they possess), environmental and social accounting issues and human resource accounting.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Add financial management skills to your CV from day one of learning.
- Combine with the other Professional Chartered Management Accounting courses and gain a prestigious industry-recognised qualification.
- Improve your marketability and add a higher level qualification to your CV!
- Online study is available as soon as you sign up to the course. All you need is an operational computer and an Internet connection that you can reliably use. Online study means you don’t have to worry about trying to fit a study timetable into your already hectic days; simply log in and learn whenever you have the time.
- Course material is available for 24 months following registration.
- Interactive simulations help you to learn through doing.
- A diverse range of study materials, including reference guides, exercises, training manuals and self-assessment exam kits, come together to provide students with the best learning resources to help them nail their exams.
- Free upgrades to the course for a year, so you can learn the latest information that there is available.
Sign up today and take another step towards CIMA certification to see your prospective job opportunities soar!
Units of Study
- Structure of International Accounting Standard Setting
- Accounting for Investments
- The Consolidated Statement of Financial Position
- The Consolidated Statement of Comprehensive Income and Statement of Changes in Equity
- The Consolidated Statement of Cash Flows
- Fair Values and Goodwill
- Acquisitions in the Accounting Period
- Disposal of Investments
- Associates and Joint Ventures
- Accounting for Investments?Methods of Consolidation
- Complex Group Structures
- Business Reorganisations
- Foreign Currency Transactions
- Financial Reporting in an Environment of Price Changes
- Substance Over Form
- Financial Instruments?Presentation and Disclosure
- Financial Instruments?Recognition and Measurement
- Retirement Benefits and Share-based Payments
- Accounting Ratios
- Accounting Ratios?Earnings Per Share
- Interpretation of Financial Statements
- Limitations of Accounting Ratio Analysis
- Segment Reporting
- Scope of External Reporting
- Environmental and Social Reporting
- International Issues in Financial Reporting
- Practice Module